You are here
RDMF4: Dealing with Sensitive Data
Managing Ethics, Security and Trust
10-11 March 2010 |
This was the fourth meeting of the Research Data Management Forum.
Aimed at researchers, digital repository managers, staff from library, information and research organisations, data curators, data centre managers, data scientists, research funding organisations and research networks, the event addressed the topic "Dealing with Sensitive Data: managing ethics, security and trust."
Programme and presentations
- Iain Buchan, Professor of Public Health Informatics and Director of the Northwest Institute for Bio-Health Informatics (NIBHI), University of Manchester - Opening Bio-Health Data and Models Securely and Effectively for Public Benefit [slides] [video1] [video2]
- Nicky Tarry, Research Data Security Improvement, Department for Work and Pensions - DWP Research Data Handling: doing the right thing and doing it in the right way [slides]
- Kevin Ashley, ex-University of London Computer Centre - Providing a Service (1): Managing issues of confidentiality, ethics and trust [slides]
- Reza Afkhami, UK Data Archive Secure Data Service - Providing a Service (2): Secure approaches to data management [slides]
- Veerle Van Den Eynden, UK Data Archive Research Data Management Support Services - Sharing and Managing Sensitive Data in Research with People [slides]
- Andrew Charlesworth, Director, Centre for IT and Law (CITL), University of Bristol - Thinking Outside the Tick Box: complying with the spirit, and not just the letter, of the law [slides]
- Graham Pryor, Associate Director, Digital Curation Centre - Summary and Next Steps [slides]
Costs and Registration
[Please note that this event has taken place, so registration is no longer open.]
Chancellors Hotel and Conference Centre is set in five acres of landscaped gardens, and yet only three miles from Manchester city centre. It incorporates modern conference facilities with a country house ambience which lends itself well to residential conferences.
Chancellors Hotel is conveniently located for all local amenities and is only 3 miles from the newly refurbished Piccadilly Train Station and approximately 5 miles from Manchester International Airport.
For further information on transport to the venue and location maps please visit the venue website below.
Chancellors Hotel and Conference Centre
If you have any questions about the conference, or would like to become a sponsor, then please contact our event organiser.