You are here
Join our user group and developer community, or engage with us in global fora to set the direction on DMPs
Keep in touch
- Email us at email@example.com,
- Follow us on Twitter @DMPonline and LinkedIn
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Watch GitHub for code updates
- Join our mailing list
DMPonline user groups
We value understanding how the community is using our tool and how we can improve to meet their needs. We run 2 - 3 user groups per year where we bring together our users for a half day meeting.
Virtual user group, April 2022
We discussed engaging topics such as new features for DMPonline and DMP Roadmap, development priorities and a review of community events. We were also happy to welcome new subscribers.
Virtual user group, November 2021
We welcomed new subscribers to DMPonline, presented you with the specs on versioning which we have worked on over the summer, and presented possible features from CDL which we can plug in to DMPonline, namely: adding research outputs and minting DOIs and integration with ORCID.
Virtual user group, Summer 2021
We introduced voting on features raised by you, discussion of new features - versioning, integration with CRIS systems and improving guidance.
Utrecht, January 2020
Discussion focused on the create plan wizard and template selection. We were joined the European Commission, NWO, ZonMW and FCCN so also consider funder use cases.
London, September 2019
Discussion focused on demonstrating the conditional questions and new features requested at the Spring user group. We also discussed a number of small usability improvements to the tool.
Amsterdam & Manchester, March-April 2019
Discussion focused on the API and conditional questions.We also considered adding a school/department flag and a separate reviewer permission to support sharing of DMPs across teams of data stewards.
Together with our partners at the California Digital Library, we run the open source DMPRoadmap codebase. A growing number of organisations have installed the code and contribute to the developer community. If you add features, please send a Pull Request so we can consider adding them into the common code.
- DMPRoadmap codebase
- Developer slack community - email DMPonline@dcc.ac.uk with a note of the address to add
Machine actionable DMPs
DMPonline exports to json and our data model maps to the RDA common standard for DMPs. We also have a number of integrations, for example with the OpenAIRE API listing grant IDs and the RDA metadata standards directory. All of these features make it easier to reuse the content in DMPs and integrate with other services. You can structure the questions in your template to define values for storage locations and data volumes. This allows you to set triggers to get alerts and also to use the API to mine this information.
We continually gather requirements to prioritise integrations and have published use cases for machine actionable DMPs. Key resources we have authored and contributed to are listed below.
- Machine actionable Data Management Plans - a 2017 paper on user requirements published in RIOjournal
- 10 principles for machine-actionable Data Management Plans - a 2019 paper published in PLOS Computational Biology
- RDA Common Standard for DMPs - an application profile to express information in a machine-actionable way
- A landscape survey of Active DMPs - presentation given at the 13th IDCC in Barcelona
- ActiveDMPs.org - a community website profiling latest requirements, events and tool developments
- Implementing the maDMP standard in DMPonline - presentation by Sam Rust at the RDA webinar on DMPs
If you would like to engage in these initiatives we encourage you to join the related Research Data Alliance groups