You are here
"Plan to make data work for you"
What is DMPonline?
“Since the move to DMPonline in April 2018, Manchester researchers have created more than 3000 DMPs. All services involved in RDM now have a richer picture of the research we support.”
Clare Liggins, University of Manchester, May 2019
DMPonline is a web-based tool that supports researchers to develop data management and sharing plans. It contains the latest funder templates and best practice guidelines to support users to create good quality DMPs.
Within the tool you will find custom guidance and example answers to help you develop your DMP. These are offered by the DCC, research funders and many research organisations. You can also browse the growing list of public DMPs published by other users of the tool for inspiration.
The service is free at the point of use for researchers to develop DMPs regardless of whether their institution or funder is a customer. Our team operates a responsive helpdesk service and regularly engages directly with the user community so you can shape the development roadmap.
The tool is based on the open source DMPRoadmap codebase managed in partnership with the California Digital Library. We're proud to make the DCC’s expertise and insights available internationally by particpating in the open DMP community.
The DCC provides a helpdesk service and guidance to assist DMPonline users. We run two courses on using DMPonline per year. Sign up for these on the training pages.
- DMPonline helpdesk - support with using DCC's DMPonline tool
- Tool help - a basic guide on using the tool
- Admin user manual - guidance on custominsing the tool by adding templates, guidance and branding
- API documentation - support on using the API to extract information from the tool
- Newsletter - monthly news on new features, functionality, and important days for your calendar
- DMPonline events
- DMP guidance - for how to guides, example DMPs and best practice guidelines
Our DMPonline team
- Patricia Herterich, Research Data Specialist and DMPonline Project Manager
- Diana Sisu, DMPonline Customer Development
- Magdalena Drafiova, DMPonline Customer Development (currently on maternity leave)
- Ray Carrick, DMPonline Systems Developer
- Marta Nicholson, DMPonline Systems Developer
- Glenys Jacob, DMPonline Systems Developer