You are here
"Plan to make data work for you"
What is DMPonline?
“Since the move to DMPonline in April 2018, Manchester researchers have created more than 3000 DMPs. All services involved in RDM now have a richer picture of the research we support.”
Clare Liggins, University of Manchester, May 2019
DMPonline is a web-based tool that supports researchers to develop data management and sharing plans. It contains the latest funder templates and best practice guidelines to support users to create good quality data management plans (DMPs).
Within the tool you will find custom guidance and example answers to help you develop your DMP. These are offered by the DCC, research funders and many research organisations. You can also browse the growing list of public DMPs published by other users of the tool for inspiration.
The service is free at the point of use for researchers to develop DMPs regardless of whether their institution or funder is a customer. Our team operates a responsive helpdesk service and regularly engages directly with the user community so you can shape the development roadmap.
The tool is based on the open source DMPRoadmap codebase managed in partnership with the California Digital Library. We're proud to make the DCC’s expertise and insights available internationally by participating in the open DMP community.
DMPonline is free to the end user.
Subscription packages are available to institutions. The main benefits of subscribing are the ability to create templates, customise funder templates, add guidance, and gather intelligence on how their users interact with the tool. Customisation of the look and feel of the tool is also available.
The DCC provides a helpdesk service and guidance to assist DMPonline users.
- DMPonline helpdesk - email the helpdeks if you have problems using the DMPonline tool
- DMPonline help page - a basic guide on how to use the tool
- User manual for administrators - guidance on how to add institutional templates, guidance and branding
- API documentation - support on how to use the API
- DMP guidance - general guidance on best practice in how to build a data management plan (DMP)
- Newsletter - monthly news on new features, functionality, and important days for your calendar
- DMPonline events
- Follow us on Twitter @DMPonline
For more communication channels, please visit: