You are here
Policy and legal
We have a tabular overview of funders' data policies, and a précis of each major UK funder’s policy, stating requirement for data plans, expectations on data sharing and available support.
We also maintain a table listing UK institutional research data policies. Email us at email@example.com if your institution is missing, or our info is out of date.
Policy related publications:
- FAIR-enabling data policy checklist. Developed as part of our work on policy support for the FAIRsFAIR project, this checklist helps users self-assess whether elements of their data policies are FAIR-enabling as well as providing recommendations on what should be addressed in research data policies. (Checklist, 2022)
- Building on the FAIR-enabling data policy checklist, this template enables policy makers to create and share structured descriptions of their data policies. Our step by step guide helps you to use the template and to make use of existing repositories and registries to make their structured descriptions accessible. (Template and guide, 2022)
- An Analysis of Open Science Policies in Europe version 7. DCC has collaborated with SPARC Europe since 2017 to create this series of reports which explores the evolution of national Open Data and Open Science policies in Europe (Report, 2021)
- Common Directions in Research Data Policy (Briefing, August 2016)
- Five Steps to Developing a Research Data Management Policy (PDF Leaflet, 2014)
- Research data policy briefing: Briefing to assist universities to create institutional RDM policies. Outlines funder requirements and approaches taken by universities.