You are here
Overview of funders' data policies
The coverage of funders' publication and data policies and the support they provide is summarised in the table below and the clarifications that follow.
Further details are available on the individual funders' policy pages and directly from each funder's website.
|Policy Coverage||Policy Stipulations||Support Provided|
|Research Funders||Published outputs||Data||Time limits||Data plan|| Sharing/
|Long-term curation||Monitoring||Guidance||Repository||Data centre||Costs|
- Published outputs: a policy on published outputs e.g. journal articles and conference papers
- Data: a datasets policy or statement on access to and maintenance of electronic resources
- Time limits: set timeframes for making content accessible or preserving research outputs
- Data plan: requirement to consider data creation, management or sharing in the grant application
- Access/sharing: promotion of OA journals, deposit in repositories, data sharing or reuse
- Long-term curation: stipulations on long-term maintenance and preservation of research outputs
- Monitoring: whether compliance is monitored or action taken such as withholding funds
- Guidance: provision of FA