You are here
RDMF3: Value and Benefits of Data Sharing and Management
30 April-01 May 2009 |
In partnership with the Research Information Network, the DCC held the third RDMF workshop on the Value and Benefits of Data Sharing and Management at Chancellors Conference Centre, Manchester.
- "What do we mean by value and benefits in the data sharing and management context?" Astrid Wissenburg (Economic and Social Research Council)
- "The policy perspective" Neil Jacobs, Simon Hodson (JISC), Stéphane Goldstein (RIN)
- "Identifying benefits from curation and the open sharing of research data" Jenny Fry (Loughborough University)
- "Collecting the metrics: social science as an exemplar discipline" Matthew Woollard (UK Data Archive)
- "Benefits beyond the sector: repurposing data with industrial partners" Jenny Walsby (British Geological Survey)
- "The British Library perspective" Adam Farquhar (British Library)
- "Why everybody else should share their data" Phillip Lord (Newcastle University)
- "Actions from the last meeting" Graham Pryor (Digital Curation Centre)
Chancellors Hotel and Conference Centre [external] is set in five acres of landscaped gardens, and yet only three miles from Manchester city centre. It incorporates modern conference facilities with a country house ambience which lends itself well to residential conferences.
Chancellors Hotel is conveniently located for all local amenities and is only 3 miles from the newly refurbished Piccadilly Train Station and approximately 5 miles from Manchester International Airport.
For further information on transport to the venue and location maps please visit the venue website [external].
If you have any questions about the conference, or would like to become a sponsor, then please contact our event organiser.