You are here
RDMF17: “The road less travelled?” Research data, careers and other pathways
09 June 2017 |
Speakers and presentations
Click the presentation titles for slides.
- Keynote(s) – The iSchool view (“Next Generation Data Roles and Pathways” / “Transferability of Data-Related Roles and Competencies”) - Dr Liz Lyon and Professor Sheila Corrall (University of Pittsburgh)
- “An early career researcher's view on modern and open scholarship… and careers” - Dr Laurent Gatto (University of Cambridge)
- “Becoming a research data manager - the view from the front” - Jez Cope (University of Sheffield)
- “Embedding incentives for open research - a funder perspective” - David Carr (Wellcome Trust)
- “Research Data Management ‘beyond compliance’ – the publisher’s view” - Dr Elena Zudilova-Seinstra and Joe Shell (Elsevier RDM Solutions)
“Attracting, training and retaining staff in Research Data Management” - Dr Danny Kingsley, University of Cambridge
The full agenda is available via the link on the right hand side of this page.
- Flipcharts from Liz and Sheila's breakout group on "Universities and Skills"    
- Graham Blyth's notes from the "Universities and Skills" group
- Notes from Elena and Joe's breakout session on "Engaging with researchers in the RDM space: challenges and opportunities"
- Storify collection of Tweets from the event
Amplification: We used the hashtag #rdmf17
Feedback: We always welcome your feedback on our events to help us improve future sessions. After the event please take a moment to complete this short feedback form.
Costs and Registration
Registrations are now closed.
Venue address and travel:
Our venue is Friends House, 173-177 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ - directly across the road from Euston station.
To help with your travel arrangements, the event is expected to begin with coffee at 9.30am, presentations from 10am, and scheduled to wrap up at 4pm.
US National Archives: https://www.flickr.com/photos/35740357@N03/5506529518/ (unrestricted licence)